If you’re anything like me, you might have the tendency to buy more food for the week than you can actually consume. As a result, I always have ripe bananas laying around… just begging to be used.
After multiple banana pancakes, loaves and cakes were created, I was craving something different, and thus, Banana Bread Biscotti was born.
These babies come together in under an hour and will most likely use ingredients you already have in your pantry!
Sweet. Crunchy. Nutty. Banana-y. Cruelty-Free Deliciousness! Enjoy with coffee, tea, or even some dairy-free hot cocoa! (Get a Great Hot Cocoa Recipe Here)
Without further ado, here is the recipe for you. Comment below if you make this and let me know what you think/ what substitutions you made/ if you try it gluten-free, etc. <3
- 2 T flax, ground
- 3 T water
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mashed banana
- 2¼ cup AP flour
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325* F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flax and water and let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken and create a flax egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine wet ingredients, including flax egg.
- Add dry ingredients, coconut, and pecans, and mix until combined.
- Shape dough into 2 one-inch thick rectangles. (Each of mine was around 9 inches long and 3 inches wide)
- Bake for 25 minutes. Allow them to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice loaf into strips. (The ones pictured are half an inch thick)
- Place biscotti strips back on the tray and bake for 12 minutes, flip your biscotti over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- They might feel a little soft at this time, but they will firm up more when they cool down!
- Once they are cooled down, store them in an airtight container.