Made this recipe almost 2 years ago, and to date, it is STILL one of mine and my family’s favorites!
Veggie Enchiladas w/ Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2 small/medium Zucchini, diced
- 1 medium Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1 T Garlic, minced
- 1 C. Frozen Corn
- 1 (14oz) Can Black Beans
- 2 C. Spinach
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- ¼ C Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ C Water
- 20 Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Green Onions, Limes, Fresh Cilantro, Vegan Cheese, Avocado, etc.
- ENCHILADA SAUCE:
- 2 (19oz) Cans Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- CREAMY CILANTRO LIME SAUCE:
- ½ C. Vegan Mayo
- ⅓ C Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Lime (juice only)
- 3 T Water
- ¼ tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 425* F.
- For the filling, heat olive oil in a saute pan for 1 minute, add onions and garlic. Cook until fragrant (no more than 2 minutes, we don't want the garlic to burn).
- Add zucchini, bell pepper, corn
andspices. Cook until veggies are ALMOST tender.
- Add your beans, spinach, cilantro, and water. Cover for 2 minutes to wilt the spinach.
- Turn heat down to low and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. (Try your veggies at this point and adjust seasoning to taste! May the flavor be ever in your favor!)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- For Enchilada Sauce, simply put your sauce and spices in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Pour 1½ cups of your sauce into the base
of a9x13 dish.(You just need to cover the bottom)
- Fill each tortilla with 3-4 Tbsp of filling, fold in the sides, and then roll.
- Place each enchilada seam side down, and continue. (This will make 18-22 depending on your generosity!)
- Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, and you're ready to bake! Throw your beautiful creation into your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until your sauce thickens and starts to bubble up! When they're done, allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
- While you're waiting, toss all of your Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce components into a Nutri Bullet/food processor/high-speed blender/bowl/ and mix until combined
- (Using a bowl and whisk will result in a chunkier sauce since cilantro pieces won't completely break down. For that bright green color, puree-ing works best!)
- Drizzle your green sauce over cooled Enchiladas, then garnish with whatever else your heart desires! (Green onions, Cilantro, Lime, Cheese, Avocado, Sour Cream, Etc.)
- Devour them and hide the evidence.