Welcome Back! I hope you are having a fantastic day and just want to remind you, yes, YOU, that you are worth loving and you can change the world by just being yourself. Okay, here is the recipe post.
I am currently working on a TON of Valentine’s Day recipes for you guys. This is the first of hopefully (at least) 5! I love love and valentines day is the perfect holiday to “WoW” your friends, family, and loved ones with VEGAN desserts! This recipe is super easy! You’re just making normal chocolate chip cookies and adding a splash of beet juice for the pink color. So even people who “can’t bake” can make these Pink Velvet cookies!
I baked mine for 10 minutes for soft, chewy, chocolatey, gooey perfection. If you make this recipe, comment below and let me know!
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, softened or at room temp.
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 2 T Beet Juice (can sub for almond milk & add a few drops of food coloring)
- 1 T Oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ cup AP flour
- ¾ cup chopped vegan chocolate bars or vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*, and prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or lightly greased foil.
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar until light and smooth.
- Add beet juice, oil, and vanilla, and mix for 10 seconds, just to combine
- Add dry ingredients all at once and mix until almost fully combined. Once you have just a few spots of flour left, stop mixing.
- Add chocolate and mix just until the flour disappears
- Scoop heaping 1 tsp sized balls of dough onto your cookie sheets. If you want them to be thicker, don’t push them down.
- Bake for 9 minutes for soft/chewy cookies, or 11 minutes for crispy/chewy cookies.