- 2¼ tsp yeast
- 1 cup plant-based milk, warmed to approx. 105*
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp white sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- ½ cup chocolate chips, optional
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine yeast, sugar, and warm milk, and let it sit at room temperature until foamy. (about 8 minutes)
- Add remaining dough ingredients and mix with dough hook attachment until a smooth, elastic dough forms. Add a few more tablespoons of flour if dough is too sticky. (This step takes about 5 minutes on medium speed)
- Dump into a lightly greased bowl, and cover with plastic or a tea towel. Allow dough to proof (rise) at room temperature until doubled in size. (About 45 minutes)
- Melt butter for coating, and combine your sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Tear off small pieces of dough, roll them into a ball, dip them in butter, and toss them in the brown sugar coating mixture.
- Drop coated dough balls into a greased bundt pan, and layer dough balls with chocolate chips if you would like. ***Ideal size is between ping pong ball and gold ball. REMEMBER, they will double and sometimes triple in size while proofing and baking!***
- Cover your pan with a towel or plastic wrap and allow it to proof (rise) for 30 minutes, or until balls on top have obviously doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 375* and bake on middle rack for 25-35 minutes, or until top is firm. (internal temperature should be at least 190*)
- Cool for 5 MINUTES (and longer and it may stick to the pan), and flip out onto a large plate or serving dish.
- Cool an additional 5 minutes to avoid burning your mouth on REALLY hot sugar (this tip is not mandatory, but strongly recommended.)