Bread was my life before I went vegan… To be honest, it still is. I use any excuse to make bread. I used to work at a bakery where I made bread every day, and would still come home and make bread. That’s how much I love bread.
SO I came up with this recipe and it is my go to when I want a quick (3 hrs for homemade bread is quick, okay! Lol) and easy loaf of bread! If you’re crazy, you can omit the rosemary and add another herb that you prefer!
- 1 C. Water, lukewarm
- 1 Tbsp Dry Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 3 C. Bread Flour
- 1 T Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp Sea Salt, course
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine water, sugar, and yeast. Set aside until foamy... about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining dough ingredients all that once, and mix until a smooth and elastic dough forms. (Mine took about 5 minutes on medium speed)
- Carefully form dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with a tea towel and let it sit in a warm place until doubled in size (30-45 mins depending on climate)
- Remove dough from bowl and cut into four equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and allow to rise a second time. (About 30 minutes) You want them to double again.
- Preheat oven to 400*, once dough balls have doubled, cut an "X" on top of each one and sprinkle them with chopped rosemary and salt.
- Bake until golden brown and firm (15-20 minutes) depending on your oven.
- (If you have a kitchen thermometer, check for internal temp. of 190!)
- Brush the top of each ball with oil and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into as many servings as you would like, Devour!!!